The best-in-breed COBOL solution available!
Professional, enterprise-class compiler
The freedom of an Open Source solution
Lower total cost of ownership
Predictable future cost of ownership
A complete toolkit, including IDE, sort, database precompilers, and XML
A no cost, no obligation evaluation use of the compiler is available via download - contact ESI to get it!
Standard support hours 8 AM to 6 PM EST
Extended support up to 24x7 available
Highly experienced support staff
Prompt, courteous resolution of your issues
Direct access to COBOL-IT user forum
Contact us at email@example.com
Supports Microsoft, Unix and Linux platforms
DB Support for MSSQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL with the only precompiler for each of these!
HP, Sun, MySQL, RedHat, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft have all announced compatibility with our compiler
High-performance, COBOL-oriented XML support
Press Release - ESI & COBOL-IT
COBOL-IT Compiler Suite
Compiler Suite successfully passed 100% of COBOL ANS85 tests distributed by "Information Technology Laboratory" and the NIST "National Institute of Standards and Technology" (for more information click here).
The COBOL-IT Compiler Suite includes the following extensions:
• An interactive COBOL debugger
• A "Crash Dump" function was added to manage memory buffers after an abnormal processing event.
• A “Profiling” function was added to fine tune COBOL-IT applications
• Improved extensions and compiler functions such as the External File Handler (EXTFH) and the Callable Sort Module (EXTSM)
• Improved Micro Focus compatibility for an easier move to COBOL-IT
• Improved compatibility with Windows: Use of Microsoft VC++, native call interface implementation, etc.
• An Integrated Pre-processor Interface
• A Debugging Options for original or pre-compiled source code
• Checkpoint & Restore function support
• Thread Safe support
• CITSORT support (with the Enterprise Edition)
COBOL-IT Developer Studio :
COBOL-IT Developer Studio is a COBOL development workshop based on the Eclipse environment. The Eclipse environment offers great flexibility through its wide range of plug-ins. COBOL-IT Developer Studio may be customized according to the specific needs of each company and each individual user.
The COBOL-IT Developer Studio includes the following features :
• A Project Manager
• A full screen editor with colorized syntax designed for the COBOL language
• An interactive debugger
• Auto Complete Function : the editor autocomplete the variables and labels defined in your program
• Use of COBOL Code Templates : user defined piece of code is inserted at the cursor position
• COBOL variables information : the editor can display the variable definition by moving the cursor on the variable name
• Autouppercase function to automatically capitalize some user-defined keywords
• Go to Declaration function to automatically jump to the variable definition
• Local History to keep a previous version of your COBOL code
• Compiler Suite compile, debug & link options accessible through a dedicated GUI interface
• And much more !
Performance and Reliability
During recent benchmark tests, COBOL-IT demonstrated performance levels equal to or better than its competitors. COBOL-IT complies with the strict COBOL usage and reliability standards required by professional software product companies.
Third Party Compatibility
Oracle Pro*COBOL: provides access to Oracle data bases from COBOL-IT applications,
IBM UDB/DB2 Precompiler: provides access to DB2 data bases from COBOL-IT applications, Syncsort: COBOL-IT applications can include the high performance sort routines from Syncsort and replace the default sort module, Compiler Suite is certified with Oracle Tuxedo: COBOL-IT applications using the Oracle transactional monitor to manage critical COBOL applications.
Compiler Suite is now certified with XFRAME, the transactional monitors from HTWC for managing CICS transactions on Open Systems.
Native SQL Precompilers usable with MySQL, PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server are now available as separate products.
Compiler Suite is now available on zLinux platforms.
The following improvements are scheduled for this year:
• Graphical User Interface Extension
• JAVA, SOA and Web Services integration
• And much more! ESI also provides one-time services such as:
• Adapting COBOL sources using extensions from other compilers to operate with ours.
• Converting 4GLs to standard COBOL.
• Restructuring COBOL sources using any COBOL compiler to eliminate "spaghetti" significantly reducing the cost of maintenance.
• Modernizing COBOL applications to operate natively with a relational database management system or a graphical user interface.